Cross-post from the NPU site:
What is the name of the tune that is used on the NPU’s tutor DVD “The Heart of the Instrument” during the introduction, and who is playing it?
Thanks,
dave boling
Cross-post from the NPU site:
What is the name of the tune that is used on the NPU’s tutor DVD “The Heart of the Instrument” during the introduction, and who is playing it?
Thanks,
dave boling
Well yes, I asked that question about a week or so ago, but the responses didn’t seem certain. It’s a great tune and great piper whom I believe I saw in Naul a few months back, though his name escapes me. I would very much like to know.
M
Just had a quick listen.
Sounds like Paddy O’Rafferty into Hardiman the Fiddler with a waft of Nora Criona at the end.
Hopefully someone else can identify the player.
David
Thanks. Those would be the tunes. Much appreciated.
M
Do any of you have the Drones & The Chanters vol 2?
Patrick.
I’ve got it. Just curious or do you have a question my man.
It’s Leo Rickard, playing his one-of-a-kind Kevin Thompson B set.
(He’s now a neighbor of mine, he relocated to Skerries recently)
In response to a near-miss guess by someone who will remain nameless ![]()
Mick does indeed play those tunes on D’n’C v2 and is even shown playing and sitting next to Leo on the DVD during the intro. But those barks on Paidin O’Raifeartigh (sp?) are classic Leo Rickard ![]()