
Oh ~ It takes my breath away!!!
THANK YOU, Dale!!!
M ![]()
Yeah, yeah, been there, done that. ![]()
djm
Maeve: Byron! Darling! Who has lashed you to the mast?
Byron: Maeve! My heart! Who else, but the undisputably dastardly Captain Wisely.
Maeve: Be brave my love…now that I have found this shower curtain to wear, surely the two of us can sail this ship to Tortuga!
Byron: (laughs ruefully) No, my flower. His WhOA is insatiable. His scurvy first mate, Joe “Lock” Smith, blew six holes in our vessel as he sailed away shaking his lock at me.
Maeve: But the green-tipped Spillane! How did you…
Byron: Honey, did you catch the size of my boots?
Maeve: How clever you are! Please kiss me with all the force of a great typhoon! (yeah, I stole that from Mulan.)
Byron: The Chieftain is sinking dearest. Our love must wait, as we brave the cold sea with nothing but this uillleann pipe bladder to keep us afloat.
…to be continued…
Yeah. I knew it would.
It could be the drink…
It could be age..
Emms delightful script reminds me of this,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AaGZEzUz0M
Late here in England…
Bedtime..
Slan,
D. ![]()
I was thinking more of JT’s
Out of the west of Lambert’s Cove
There’s a sail out in the sun
And I’m on board though very small
I’ve come home to stop yearning
Burn off the haze around the shore
Turn off the crazy way I feel
I’ll stay away from you no more
I’ve come home to stop yearning
djm
humph! It’s not Fabio. It won’t sell millions unless Fabio is on the cover. I mean, common - the guy you pictured can’t dramatically shake his hair or anything!!!
Brits will no doubt notice an unfortunate resemblance of the chap to an early manifestation of David Beckham.

It won’t last. If you look closely at the deck you will see the vessel is taking on water bigtime.
Gives new meaning to the phrase “bend it like Beckham”. ![]()
![]()
Starring Sally Field and David Bowie? How edgy!
(with Robert Wagner as the sinister Dr. Bonesnapper.)
Looks just like Paul and Char. ![]()
Did it suddenly get warm in here?
adjusts collar
fans himself
I declare…
snickered First Mate Joe “Lock” Smith.
“How can I look closely at the deck?” snapped Captain Wisely, snatching the spyglass from Joe’s hand. “You turned me spyglass into a pipe chanter!” He tossed the spyglass disdainfully into the foaming main.
“Captain,” said Joe. “Did ye find the green-tipped Spillane?”
“Arrgghh…,” snarled Wisely. “I thinks he buried it in Talbot Cay.”
“But where?” wondered Joe aloud.
“The girl has the map,” answered Wisely with a undisputed nod, “in her shower curtain. I can feel it in me bones…”
“But sir! She’s the daughter of Admiral Hardy!” protested the First Mate. “She won’t give it up easy!”
The captain tapped his gold-capped tooth–the one he’d broken on his Overton Bb–and pondered. “Perhaps,” he said, “if we offer her an internship…”
That’s exactly how it happened!!!
Byron: “Maeve, I’ve been seven years before the mast!”
Maeve: “Nonsense, Byron - the mast’s ALWAYS been here!”
(kudo’s to Monty Python)
Oh! There’s a whistle in there! At first I was too absorbed in that red sash to notice. ![]()
I worked in a Barns and Noble bookstore for a while back then. I used to laugh so hard at those books when I was shelving them.
Brits will no doubt notice an unfortunate resemblance of the chap to an early manifestation of David Beckham.
Maybe, but the gal ain’t modelled on Victoria Posh Beckham-Spice.
She’s sideways onto the viewer and I can still see her shadow.