Re Dave Williams .R.I.P… A good chanter of his should sell for £1k .I have had this discussion with other respected players and that is the opine.If ye don’t agree wi it there isnae much ye can do is there?.The choice is wi the buyer… Crap or Quality.I am not saying that Daves were the best on the market either,but they were certainly in a league far removed frae some o the tosh I see today.
Slán Go Foill
Uilliam
PS Re the Mark Donahue set this is the posting on EBay…and we should thank William in Sweden for the warning…
This listing (270222367742) has been removed or is no longer available. Please make sure you entered the right item number.
If the listing was removed by eBay, consider it cancelled.
edited to reflect Daveys editing and I may have been a bit hard on him which wasnae ma intent.
I have to agree with Uilliam regarding Dave W. The last price I had from Dave for a bag, bellows and chanter in 2003 was £1250 for a one key chanter. And he was choosey about who he took on his order book in those later years. Since his death right or wrong prices have gone up even more.
The story of the Mark Donahue sale is not the best way to join a discussion group - I hope William has better news next time he posts.
Hey, don’t dis on William. The reason that set is no longer available is because I had a deal with the seller to buy it. Thanks to William I found out it was not a good idea.
3999 euros starting price. It appears to be a Netherlands only auction as it does not show up on British or American ebay, even with the worldwide option selected. So if any of the pipers in the Netherlands fancies a van Daal full set, there won’t be much competition for it.
I agree. Patina is one thing but I hate seeing that shade of green on a set of pipes. I once used a polish that reacted with sweat to turn the brass of my pipes green. I changed the polish and no more green.
The “Dave Williams full set” did not sell - it recieved no bids.
As of now, 12:20 BST on 2nd April, the only non Pakistani UP gear on ebay and available to the UK or the US is the Dave Williams chanter being sold on the board by Barry Conway.