name of the tune please

I have been having a listen to the uilleann piping tunes on utube and came across this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HtxHPXWD0E

I d like to know the name of the second tune please. Ive heard it before on a bothy band album… there is a name for it on the comments but is that correct as i can`t find oit in my books or has it an alternative name/

Some excellent duet piping

The Dublin Reel, one of my favouritests. I don’t know the second one, but that’s okay, cuz I don’t like it anyways.

djm

The second one is the Killavil.
Note that there are several "Killavil"s.
I much prefer the playing of the piper that started the second tune (i.e. furthest from camera). How many times does yer man think “wailing-as-variation” is going to keep our attention?

Or The Killavil Fancy, as mentioned in the YouTube comments. AKA The Ten Pound Float.

Thanks for the replys, i think i`ve got the basics of it now on my whistle, just got to transfer it to my piping and then add the “bits”

DJM, try this one for the dublin reel,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InsuIB3qxvM&feature=related

Besides liam o flyn, all the others sitting around the table with him are from Wolverhampton, west mids, England. The bald bloke with the beard supping his guinness, is aiden O`connor and the fiddler is Andy ?. All used to be found in the newhampton Inn, Riches street, Wolverhampton on a sunday night. I spent all my grant and got kicked out of university cos of the newhampton Inn in the eighties!!!

Eskin-san posted a video of Benedict playing the Killavil (among others) for Ben Power’s feet. See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_dvis8W-9s

You can’t get much better than LO’F, as far as I’m concerned. :thumbsup:

Have you not seen the UP YerTube thread at the top of this forum? These clips have already been posted there by BigDavy.

djm