Chanter on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.com/Uilleann-Concert-D-Chanter_W0QQitemZ7349399682QQcategoryZ16226QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

At the risk of annoying people, that’s one nice-looking chanter.

A lot of people can chatter out and sand off a good looking chanter. I have no idea apart from previous discussions how well this one actually plays, but that “nice looking chanter” thing is not the reason to buy.

Having said that, I just gave in to impulse and had all the keys put on my backup chanter by BCC and I can say the pix don’t do that keywork justice. That’s some serious brass on there. I’m glad he left the mounts on to tempt me after all.

Yes.

That chanter looks like more of Seth’s wonderful craftsmanship …sure it looks nice … and if it plays like the chanter I have from him you can pretty well bet the new owner will be happy with it… mine plays smooth as butter and is in tune up from top to bottom … good reed to boot

When I first got Seth’s chanter I played it by using the fingering that worked on my old ( rather imperfect ) chanter … I couldn’t figure out why the F would only play F-sharp if I left the bottom 2 fingerholes covered ?..
Then I checked some Uilleann bagpipe fingercharts and guess what ?
You’re SUPPOSED to cover the bottom two fingerholes to get an F#
oooohh , now I get it ..this is a chanter that plays the way it should !
:astonished:

There are at least TWO active pipemakers named Seth (Gallagher and Hamon), so it’s probably best to post the maker’s full name to avoid confusion.

Thanks,

No E

Thanks for the kind words , Feo, I think you got one of my rosewood chanters right??? :slight_smile:

Here’s the sound sample on the Hamonbagpipes.com website.

http://www.acidplanet.com/Components/Download.asp?PID=618852&T=9351

“Sound sample was recorded on a home PC and PC microphone.”

Played by Joseph Smith. Sounds in tune to me. Nice finale, BTW Joseph.

Mark

Ha, yup … I got the Rosewood sweetheart of a chanter , thanks again Seth :smiley:

One hour left…

Wow, nobody bought it… can’t beat the price!

Seth Hamon, if you’re reading this, that’s one piece of beautiful craftmanship.

Back up for auction. Asking $147.50 and on a 5 day auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Uilleann-Chanter-Bagpipe-Bagpipes_W0QQitemZ7352233033QQcategoryZ16226QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Yea, I really hope it goes for more than the starting bid,… I’m trying to help out on the moving expenses, about one-two week’s left and I’m out…