Aarrr! Don't Forrrget!

September 19th is [u]International Talk Like A Pirate Day![/u]

Arrrh – ya beat me by mere seconds, ya rascally son of a mange-ridden dog.

We should make tomorrow “Post Like A Pirate Day.” I’d especially like to see fiddler, weekenders, Steve Shaw and harpmaker going at it in pirate talk.

or rather

Arrrh – we needs to make tomorrow “Post like a Pirate Day.” It would do this ol’ capt’n’s heart good to see “Blind Dog” fiddler, “Scurvy Sod” weekenders, “Stinkin’” Steve Shaw and “Ol’ Rotgut” harpmaker goin’ at each other’s throats in pirate talk.

gonzo’s pirate name will be Captain Radley Firecrotch.

Get your own pirate name here.

Jimbo the Bitter here, ye shower of 'lubbers.

Swab them decks or meet the Barnacles..

Avast,
D. :slight_smile:

Ahoy, I can’t belie’e me almost missed this. It’s a sucker’s bet that if more poeple be givin’ into they piratey nature, e’en if’n for but a day, global warmin’ would be a thin’ o’ the past, shiver me timbers!

In true piratey fashion, I have a fierce fire in me belly to come across some god-forsaken comely proud beauty at the Skull & Scuppers, swill a pint or two of grog, dance my boots off, and then have a bit of a lie down until morn’, when the sea shall once again call me out to port.

or something like that :wink:

I’ve decided that my pirate name will be “Blind Pooh”.

Sink me! Ye freebooters be right. It be time to go on the account. Me letters o’marque air becalmed and I’ve no end o’ scurvy dogs pesterin’ me, damme their deadlights. I’ll gie me sprogs a taste o’ the ropes end to speed ‘em on smart like. The squiffy bilge rats couldn’t find their way out o’ a bung hole. Arrrrr!!

This be a useful link.

http://www.talklikeapirate.com/translator.html

On t’ 19th you may call me “Perth.”

Aye, my hearties, I’ve already told them at work.

I can’t help wondering how it will play at the Housing Association I am at tomorrow, where the head of IT is from Ethiopia!
(lovely bloke, name of Zel).

Avast! Yez are reefing yer sails before the wind rises, ain’t yez?

Me son came ashore on the 19th of September, 'tis a holiday twice over in our world. Eight be old enough for grog, right?

Well, my pirate name will have to be “Culpable Jake”.

Don’t blame me! I just posted a reminder so folks could get ready for tomorrow, and picked the name I’m gonna use. It’s the rest o’ these lubbers who’ve raised sails without weighing anchor. :smiley:

If you use enough water, sure.

Have the Flying Spaghetti Monster adherents adopted this as a Holy Day yet?

Hmm, I guess I could drink to excess to celebrate!?

Yep. From [u]Boing Boing: FSM roundup[/u]:

Regarding Pastafarian holidays, BB reader Keith Kisser says:

The holiest of holidays for Pastafarrians, is of course the birthday of His Most Holy Prophet, Marco Polo (b. sept 15, 1254), who brought the word of his Noodly Appendage back from the East.

As Talk Like A Pirate Day falls on September 19th, this five day period constitutes Holy Pasta Week, durring which spaghetti is consumed liberally. With a nice chianti, of course.

That’d be my guess, as well.

But ye don’t want t’ get too splice t’ mainbrace for wenchin’.

Mmmmm, spaghetti and grog. Can’t go wrong.

Wonderful! It’s time to find my costume . . . I can’t believe I’ve been waiting a whole year for this! It seems like just yesterday . . .

Avast! Thar it be in th’ depths o’ me drawers! Arrrharrrharrr! You’ll excuse me a moment while I put it on . . .

Oh, my. Nurses in pirate’s garb, and a fluffy one, at that. I do believe I feel an attack of the vapours coming on. A denim skirt would go great with that pirate do-rag.

YAY!!! it’s Talk like a pirate day again!!! :party: (oops…I mean ARRRR…it be talk like a pirate day, you land lubbers!).

My pirate name is Jolly Kate Slasher (very cool…don’t you think? :smiley: ).