New kids on the block

Who I consider to be the best living pipemakers Wooff, K & Q and O’ Briain won’t go on forever (sadly we’ve already lost Froment and Williams) and there will come a time when they pass on the mantle.

Just interested in everyone’s views as to who you consider to be amongst the next generation of great pipe makers.

Joe Kennedy.

I realise its all about opinions and nothing more but I would also add Gleeson, Hyland, Faden, Galloway, Gallagher and Preshaw to that list.

I get the impression that the days (for the forseeable future anyway)when a handful of pipemakers dominate the market are gone.There are so many makers making great pipes that it would be wrong to name a few of them and say they will the the top makers of the future.
The reason IMHO is that there is so much good information on the web now ,that anyone that is good with their hands and really wants to make pipes can get all they need from the web.

RORY

I would like to think that Nick Whitmer is among that group (since I have a 3/4 Taylor style set coming from him!).
Arbo

Good news for sure.

The real issue in the foreseeable future, is the affect the new makers coming ‘online’ have on the established makers re: orders. There are few who exist in the rarified air of not having to worry about diminishing lists (so it appears). The beginnings of this situation is already affecting the marketplace. Of course, the economy is hurting all makers, and consumers alike. From a sheer numbers perspective, I’m curious to see where/how the new makers will fit in..

All this in lieu of what seems to be a motionless-market if only judging by what is not selling on the used market.