I’m looking forward to playing some examples of David’s work at the GNIPC Tionol. They certainly do look beautiful. Do you think there will be the odd set lying around Dave?
Patrick.
I’m looking forward to playing some examples of David’s work at the GNIPC Tionol. They certainly do look beautiful. Do you think there will be the odd set lying around Dave?
Patrick.
Yes ,very gorgeous.
I’m afraid my fingers will get twisted with those chanter keys ![]()
…yes, the pain will be exquisite!! ![]()
A Gallagher ½ set would be 4,077.61 AUD (or $3,175 USD) with one key on the chanter and a brass chanter top. Wait time is around 10 months right now according to his web site. Maybe less for a ½ set.
http://www.uilleann.com/pipes.html -pricing page on Seth’s web site.
I think Davey loaded his van and headed to Nashville this morning, for about a week.
I’ve had a look at his sight and there was nothing about any second hand sets that he might have in stock. I just contacted him and hopefully he’ll have one. I’ve heared that some [not all] have a trade in list and sell some of those sets. Maybe he might have a simmilar system to Mackenzie.
Cheers L42B ![]()
You can see my Boisvert C set on the “Pictures of your pipes” thread.
All I can say is, I haven’t picked up a D chanter since this set arrived.
The drones have a wondeful sound, and the workmanship is top quality. David is a great guy to deal with, too.
Mukade
Boodiful! Boodiful!
Mukade
I’ve had a look at his sight and there was nothing about any second hand sets that he might have in stock. I just contacted him and hopefully he’ll have one. I’ve heared that some [not all] have a trade in list and sell some of those sets. Maybe he might have a simmilar system to Mackenzie.
I think that you were lucky with the Mackenzie set and second hand offer is very rare.
I prefer to ask the maker to make The one and the only special set, telling the maker every thing you want to have, your preference both in tone and design. ![]()
…
David is really quite reasonable with making your pipes to your specs. He takes great pride in his work, and IMHO, it really shows.
I can’t say this with any certainty, but I wouldn’t go looking for a second hand Gallagher set, and expect it to be much less in cost than a new set. His pipes, as with any good maker’s work, do not generally depreciate in value.