So, I’m attempting to buy a nickel Gen C whistle from Amazon (I know, I know, but their delivery is quick!), and the first whistle they sent me was a brass Eb! I started a return on it and naively ordered a replacement. The one they sent me this time was nickel, at least, but was G!
Interestingly, the Amazon stickers on each whistle box (which almost completely covered the info on the box) identified each one as a nickel C! Lesson learned!
Amazon probably wasn’t selling those directly. What was the actual seller? I see the same thing on Ebay from people who either have no idea what they’re looking at, or don’t care. And don’t forget to leave a bad review for excessive laziness.
It lists the shipper/seller as Amazon.com. Something similar happened to me before , when I ordered some whole bean coffee from them. The Amazon sticker said Whole Bean, but the bag CLEARLY said “Ground.” Ugh…
And I DEFINITELY left a poor review, but who knows if it’ll get published.
PiperKev,
I know it’s convenient to rely on the Dark Lord Bezos Emperial Storehouse, but you might consider giving your business to an independent shop like House of Musical Traditions or Lark in the Morning. True, you’ll probably pay a few bucks more, but at least your dollars are going to a better cause than the Amazon behemoth.
I can’t argue with that! Plus, I think the chances of actually getting what I ordered would increase!![]()
I had a similar experience with Amazon last year when I intended to purchase several inexpensive D whistles for the flute section for a small part in a community band Celtic themed concert. I ended up with Cs and Ds. The boxes were all marked D. It wasn’t the greatest tragedy of course but was not what I was expecting and some flutes weren’t very happy. Ah, so it goes…
C Flat???
Isn’t that B?
Ha! Yeah, I guess Amazon’s not musically literate… ![]()



