OT: 50 Megaton Nuclear Weapons - Airburst or Subterranean?

Your new dog is a cat in drag.

Well, Switchfoot, that quote somehow brings to mind the Blackadder series, but I’m probably mistaken. My cat is offering no help whatever in this, just gives me her usual “You poor human” look.

Excellent hypothesis but it fails to address the issue of outdoor cats. I have observed cats appearing near automobiles that are still emitting engine warmth - potentially the aforementioned spores are also triggered by the effects of engine heat, possibly with some sort of petroleum residue acting enzymatically to stimulate cat production?

We might well include in our study the frequent occurrence of catness instantiations in proximity to acts of ahem intimacy…plausibly a sufficient heat source, as well. :wink:

OK, I had a brainstorm. Heat is acting as a CATalyst! (ducks and runs)

(ducks and runs)

…as well you might. :stuck_out_tongue:

But the issue of waterfowl and gastroenteritis: are we referring to afflicted birds or the devourers of them?

Oh, Gee, that is awful!

At your service, Jim. :slight_smile:

Gotta take off…

Yeah, well, that’s easy for YOU to say.

I’ve been put in my place.

I showed this thread to my wife. When she saw the “Ontogeny recapitulates philology” quote, she said, “Cute. But it’s supposed to be ‘Ontogeny recapitulates phylogeny.’”

Best wishes,
Jerry

I do think we need to reconsider having threads
of this sort. This one represents a dark
episode in my life, one that I hope to forget though
I fear I never will. In addition, it might be
read by children…

Did you, by the way, hear about the
cat who ate limburger cheese,
and waited at the mousehole with
baited breath?

Well, duh! I mean, it was like totally obvious, dude. Or would have been, had I been able to read it at all.

  1. Isn’t the seeming randomness of the Principle of Uncertainty seamless randomizing?
  2. And vice-versa?
  3. Or thereabouts?

My apologies… I stand absolutely corrected. It has been way too many years since I last thought about the subject.

I’ve posted this elsewhere, but it seems to fit here as well.

Sign on physics professor’s office door: “Heisenberg may have slept here.”

Best wishes,
Jerry

Sign on philosopher’s door:

‘People six feet tall or over,
please stand to one side so
that shorter people can read
this sign.’

For heaven’s sake, be careful!

I shudder to imagine what havoc might have been unleashed on the fields of biology and linguistics if your statement had been accepted as factual. The answer to “Mommy, where do babies come from?” would be “They come from the dictionary, dear.”

Best wishes,
Jerry

:laughing:

So Rene Descartes sits down in a diner.

The waitress comes up and asks, “Would you like an appetizer?”

“Oh…I think not,” he replies.


Then he vanishes.

Go to your room. This is not a request. It is an order. Do it now.
:smiley:
serpent