Message from Pipemaker Tom Aebi ( re:Rowsome Style Chanters)

Some years back, I did an interveiw with Swiss pipe maker (& flute maker), Tom Aebi in the “Piper’s Reveiw.” For those unfamiliar with Tom, he is a pipemaker with 20years experience. There is more information on Tom in that issue. If you’re interested, I presume there is a method by which to back-order it (?).

Anyhow…Upon reading the posts re: Rowsome design chanters, he contacted me, and asked if I would make a post for him. He wanted to let the readers at large know that he is offering Rowsome style chanters (and Kennedy as well), and is currently taking orders.

Questions?
Contact Tom Aebi

info@aebi-flutes.com

Would it not have been easier for him to register on the forum and tell us himself and maybe now and again give us the benifit of his 20 years experience

RORY
PS Of course truth be known I already know the answer to that question

Pshaw! Rory, the mountain comes to Mohamed, not Mohamed to the mountain!

Speaking of Kennedy chanters, has anyone else seen the veritable scrapyard full of pipecleaners Denis Brooks uses in his Kennedy chanter to bring it down to pitch?

Bob

I asked Tom the same question, expecting the answer most would expect from a busy instrument maker re: about joining C/F. Annnnnnnnnnnd, that’s the answer I got.

It’s my guess that many people don’t have the time to read C/F, must less contribute. More than a few people, based on past exchanges here (petty, and otherwise), choose to stay far, far away from such potential time sinks. I like the C/F in VERY small doses. If I were a pipemaker, I’d probably steer clear of it, save the annual visit. I simply gave Tom a hand, so that he could attend to his workload at hand.