Thank you! I’ll send him an email.
He’s also on FB.
I agree with pancelticpiper. Just recently I lead a beginner class in dry winter with one of the students tooting a Daye half set and the other a Rogge poly practice set. I tried both sets back to back. Both had similar light reed issues that day, which could be remedied quite easily. While you COULD make music with the Daye set, I much preferred the Rogge craftsmanship. Better bag, bellows and chanter construction all over. The Daye felt VERY home depot like. Not that much fun to work with. YMMV.
I’ve also recently tried contacting Joe Kennedy via email and Facebook because I really like his old-school sounding Coyne-inspired flat sets, but after nearly a month I haven’t heard back. So he might be a hard one to track down. More power to ya if you can make it happen!
To be honest, I haven’t even tried contacting Joe Kennedy. I was going to, but I’ve been communicating with Andreas Rogge, since he is quite highly recommended, and I’m just waiting for him to answer a couple of questions, and then I’m planning on placing an order. Exciting times! ![]()
Well, it took a bit longer than I was expecting, but I finally have some pipes on the way! It’s a Rogge polyacetal practice set. Wait time is about four weeks, so I’m looking forward to getting it sometime in early July. Thank you all for helping me choose a set!