Pirate Pies

I have just finished a week’s run, leading (American translation - acting as concertmaster for) the orchestra in a production of The Pirates of Penzance, in which my partner, and bassoonist extraordinaire, also played. It has become a habit of ours for her to make me a “show pie” for the final Saturday of such show weeks, with images on the pie, in pastry, relating to the show.

See if you can spot what our pies (we had an individual pie each this time) refer to, in terms of The Pirates of Penzance. They both relate to the same theme, and I will give one clue - it’s a direct quote from the show itself.

I like pies. :smiley:

I love the pies, and I can see someone is behind bars, but I’m not familiar enough with the operetta to say…

Phew! I thought someone had got it already. :slight_smile:

Deb made the pies in her lovely, traditional enamelled pie dishes that I got her for last Christmas. She loves them. And I love pie. :smiley:

‘When the enterprising burglar’s not a-burgling’?

That’s pretty damn’ close! No cigar yet though …

:slight_smile:

‘Pied in crime’!

:party:

That’s too damn’ quick! Got it! :party:

Well done, Peter. We were particularly proud of that one. You may be interested to know that, of the entire orchestra, only one member got it, and that was with a few clues. Good stuff. I knew I’d get a better class of guesser here. :smiley:

Caught in the act of tidying my post (knew I’d got it this time, but couldn’t make up my mind whether that deserved the tomato or ‘party’)! :stuck_out_tongue:

Well done, Peter. We were particularly proud of that one. You may be interested to know that, of the entire orchestra, only one member got it, and that was with a few clues. Good stuff. I knew I’d get a better class of guesser here. > :smiley:

:slight_smile: