How much are sets really worth?

Very true. Generally, the prices for all consume-products are very cheap today, but we are offered nothing but sh##e. Mass instead of class. Take that brand of car that is associated with German quality the most (I´d rather not name the brand): They try to make up with asian prices and can´t cope . The result: A heap of junk that nobody will buy anymore.

If you buy a set of pipes, quality should be more essential than price. As the saying goes: “Only a rich person can afford to buy cheap”. A cheap set of pipes might become very expensive in the end: Bellows-dimension rubbish, blowpipe-valve-diameter rubbish, bag or gear leaking, chanter unreedable…

Apart from being unable to get rid of it again imagine your waste of time trying to practise and possibly blame your own abilities.

Cheers,
Hans

Mass instead of class. Take that brand of car that is associated with German quality the most (I´d rather not name the brand)

Erm, I’m assuming you don’t mean “Trabant”, do you?