Hi Diane, thanks for replying so quickly. After (duh!) posting above, as I pour through the many pages of this forum, I finally found some numbers, and the thread on small hand flutes etc.
On hole spacing.
If I’m correct, in millimetres,
Tipple: X–37–X–37–X joint? X–28–X–43–X
CB SH FF: X–32–X–31–X joint 65 X–30–X–28–X (grabbed from another thread)
CB’s is clearly closer on the left hand, a god 5-6 mm each. On the right hand, close to Tipple on R1-R2, but it’s surprising how much closer R2-R3 are on the CB than on the Tipple. Is the 28 number correct? If it is, that’s a whole 10 mm easier on the R3.
Let me say that Doug Tipple was excellent in getting back to me, right away. Really appreciated. And I’ve read only good things about his flutes. They sound fantastic from the audio samples he provides. Like others, I was amazed for PVC pipe. Cost can’t be beat. And really, for PVC, they ain’t half bad lookin’! If I hand 8+ inch hands, I’d zoom right into the Tipple and wouldn’t even be asking here. I have one of those sit down computer jobs. The last thing I need on top of PC-mousing is a month of hand cramps training myself to find and cover holes, so this is my concern. That would be on top of developing an embouchure which itself I hear may be frustrating for a while. I’m leaning to the CB, but it will cost me much more, obviously.
Craig