Ellis Wood Whistle in F - $150 SOLD

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
tomcat
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Used to live in Gilbert, AZ which is a suburb of Phoenix. Recently moved to Portland OR. Argh. Not sure if this is meeting the requirement of number of characters, but I'm trying.

Ellis Wood Whistle in F - $150 SOLD

Post by tomcat »

Mr Ellis seems to be no longer making whistles, which is quite a shame. This one plays beautifully and is very easy to control. I believe the wood is waterfall bubinga and like Mr. Ellis' other works, beautiful to look at. It is in good condition with no bumps or cracks.

One of its best features is that it is easy on the hands. I don't have large hands, but find i do not need pipers grip to play this low whistle. It can be expressive when leaned into.

Here's a sample of what it sounds like: https://m.soundcloud.com/rtplayer/ellis-f-1
Pictures can be found here: https://app.box.com/s/hmydi1d3n75zsfrh35gm5twrl2x5hpq1

It truly is a great sounding whistle and I'm crazy for selling it as they are no longer being made, but my interests are shifting toward other instruments and I'm not playing whistle as much these days. In the past, I've used it to play with other musicians and found it sounds great through a sound system. The wood tone keeps it from being shrill and the nice mouthpiece allows one to "cheat on breathing" (well you still have to breath, but the design allows one to play longer before taking a breath). Nice on both the eyes and ears.

I can be reached at randy85234 at gmail dot com
tomcat
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Used to live in Gilbert, AZ which is a suburb of Phoenix. Recently moved to Portland OR. Argh. Not sure if this is meeting the requirement of number of characters, but I'm trying.

Re: Ellis Wood Whistle in F - $150

Post by tomcat »

Sold. Thank you c&f